Twisted Vellum Backdrop
- Foam board
- Paint (in the same shade as your vellum)
- Double-sided tape
- Vellum paper (we used a 25-by-38-inch sheet)
- Cover the foam board with paint in the same color as the vellum, to prevent the board from showing through; let dry.
- Affix a piece of double-sided tape across the top of the board. Cut vellum into 1 1/2-inch-wide strips. Attach a strip to the tape and twist it under and then back over itself; tug the strip gently and secure at the bottom of board with tape. Repeat with four strips, keeping vellum edges flush but not overlapping.
- To create the V shape, reverse the twisting technique, twisting the vellum strip over and then back under itself. Repeat with four more strips.
- Continue the process, varying the twisting points, until you've covered the board.
Gold vellum, $2.50 for a 25-by-38-inch sheet, New York Central Art Supply, 212-473-7705.
- Kate Middleton and Prince William Just Shared an Unknown Detail About Their Family's New Dog
- A Black-Tie, Tuscan-Inspired Wedding on a Private Estate in California
- Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas Have Welcomed Their First Child!
- "Downton Abbey" Star Michelle Dockery Is Engaged to Phoebe Waller-Bridge's Brother, Jasper