Mini Photo Block Puzzle
In her new book, Oh Joy! 60 Ways to Create & Give Joy, Oh Joy! blogger Joy Cho offers an inventive way to share a favorite photo, image, or message with a friend (including members of your bridal party!). Turn it into a puzzle comprised of blocks, which can be sent in the mail for an interactive surprise.
- A photo that will look good in a square format
- Nine 1-inch wooden blocks
- Clear gesso
- Mailing tube
- Print the photo so that you have a 3 x 3-inch image area. Cut the photo into nine 1-inch square pieces.
- Brush gesso on one side of a block, then brush gesso on the back of one photo section and set it in place on the block. Repeat with the other eight blocks.
- Let set for 24 hours.
- Place the blocks in a cardboard mailer and send them to someone who will be delighted!
Find more DIY projects in Oh Joy! 60 Ways to Create & Give Joy ($27.50; amazon.com).
- Kat Dennings and Andrew W.K. Are Engaged!
- A Garden Micro Wedding—Lush with Fall Flowers—Replaced This Duo's Destination Celebration in the Maldives
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Had One of Their First Secret Dates at a Supermarket
- These Are the Three Most Common Mistakes Brides Make Ahead of Their First Wedding Dress Shopping Appointments