Unique Wedding Bands
Why wear your heart on your sleeve when you can wear it on your hand? Each of the following rings has a detail that sets it apart, whether it's a high-shine finish, an intricate pattern, or an unusual shape.
1. Benchmark's classic style is made of platinum, the strongest metal. Over time, it will develop a luxe patina (benchmarkrings.com).
2. Cathy Waterman's "Continuous Pyramid" makes a sculptural statement (twistonline.com).
3. The bow of diamonds on Dior Fine Jewelry's "Petit Tralala" is set in white gold, a yellow gold that's been plated with a silvery metal, usually rhodium (800-929-3467).
4. A delicate spiral pattern brings personality to Oscar Heyman's "Twist" (800-642-1912).
5. Channel-set baguettes add serious flash to OGI's platinum sparkler (ogi-ltd.com).
6. Kwiat's "Wedding Collection" boasts three breathtaking rows of pear-shape diamonds (kwiat.com).
7. The latest thing in rings? Carbonado (a.k.a. black diamonds) and rose gold (an alloy of gold and copper). This version by Ila & I showcases both (ilaandi.com).
8. The clean, geometric design of "Lanieres," in 18-karat yellow gold, suits both men and women (cartier.com).
9. Beveled ridges in De Beers's platinum men's band offer style and substance (debeers.com).
More for the Bride
Match your band to your engagement ring, or choose a completely different style and wear it alone.
1. Crisscut emerald diamonds make a big impact in this piece by Christopher Designs (christopherdesigns.com).
2. A woven pattern in Alex Sepkus's "Fence" creates the illusion of two pieces stacked together (alexsepkus.com).
3. The diamond-encrusted hexagonal links in Geoffrey Good's platinum standout enlist 1970s cool (geoffreygood.com).
4. Tiffany & Co.'s "Etoile" twinkles with four rows of pave diamonds (tiffany.com).
5. Cartier's understated 18-karat yellow-gold and diamond design is timeless (cartier.com).
6. Michael M.'s pave stunner looks like three rings in one (michaelmcollection.com).
7. De Beers's "Enchanted Lotus" brilliantly displays 301 round diamonds (debeers.com).
8. Solange Azagury-Partridge's "Love Written" spells out the sentiment (solangeazagurypartridge.com).
9. This platinum Tacori band is covered with filigree-set diamonds (tacori.com).
10. Hoorsenbuhs's "Antiquated Dame Tri-link" shows its equestrian roots (barneys.com).
11. Two vintage details -- rose-cut diamonds and oxidized gold -- come together in this Single Stone creation (singlestone.com).
12. Nothing says forever like the infinity symbol in Stephen Russell's intertwining platinum bauble (212-570-6900).
For the Groom
If your fiance is having a hard time deciding on a metal, let his watch lead the way -- or have him take a cue from your ring.
1. Diana's thick, glossy 14-karat yellow-gold band is as traditional as they come (diana.com).
2. Millegrain detail (ridges like those on the edge of a dime) on this style from the Kwiat Men's Collection is subtle yet striking (kwiat.com).
3. This rose-gold Bulgari "B.zero1" was made for the fashion-forward guy (bulgari.com).
4. The hammered finish on Melissa Joy Manning's design is handmade (melissajoymanning.com).
5. Erica Courtney's "Secret Agent" has an intriguing surprise: black diamonds along the inside (ericacourtney.com).
6. A Doyle & Doyle piece is deeply grooved for a triple-band effect (doyledoyle.com).
7. Cartier's "Trinity" has intertwining rings of rose, white, and yellow gold (cartier.com).
8. Furrer Jacot's satin-finish variety is white gold with a platinum center (furrerjacot.com).
9. The Tiffany & Co. gold signature has two grooved millegrain edges (tiffany.com).
10. Tacori's ring in red gold (a dark rose gold) is bordered with a crescent silhouette (tacori.com).
11. Wrought from heavy platinum, Jeff Cooper's "The Edge" features a masculine, angular shape (michaelcfina.com).
- In the New "Spencer" Trailer, We Get Our First Glimpse of Kristen Stewart in Princess Diana's Wedding Dress
- This Couple Released Butterflies During Their Secret Garden-Themed Ceremony
- Experts Share Their Favorite Cocktail Hour Games and Activities for Your Wedding Day
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Are Coming to New York City This Weekend