Wedding Hairstyles and Care Tips
Every bride wants to look her best on her wedding day, and the hairstyle is a very important part of a bride's look.
Getting Your Hair in Shape for the Big Day
- Hair grows about 1/2 inch per month on average, so the longer you want your hair, the sooner you should start growing.
- Massage your scalp when you shampoo. It stimulates the hair follicle and assists in the growth process. You also want to use a good shampoo and conditioner, such as Pantene Beautiful Lengths.
- Don't use a brush on wet hair. This can cause the hair to stretch and break. Use a hair-friendly wide-toothed comb to untangle freshly washed hair instead.
- Regular trims are important to keep hair healthy and beautiful. Cut 1/4 inch every 4 to 6 weeks. Leaving hair untrimmed will result in split ends.
Choosing a Hairstyle
Once you get your hair in great shape, it's time to choose a hairstyle. Simple styles are perfect for a destination wedding. Think about the wedding location when choosing a look: For example, a glamorous style would be perfect for a European wedding, while a sophisticated but relaxed look would be wonderful for a beach or outdoor wedding.
Special thanks to jenniferbehr.com for providing hair accessories. Mary used a Wilhelmina brush from fihair.com. Mary can be found at m.mcleod hair at 131 West 26 Street, New York, New York; for more information, visit mcurranstylist.com. Get more great ideas with this collection of
classic bridal hairstyles.
- 10 Items You Need to Pack in Your Wedding Dress Emergency Kit
- Kate Middleton and Prince William's Wedding Day Was an Emotional Highlight for Queen Elizabeth—Here's Why
- Arcade Games, Tarot Cards, and Cotton Candy Put a Festive Spin on This Couple's Wedding in Austin, Texas
- A Guide to the Most Popular Wedding Veil Lengths, Fabrics, and Colors