7 Key Questions That'll Help You Vet Potential Wedding Venues
Pose these queries to the site manager before committing.
You can't judge a book by its cover, and you can't book a wedding venue based on looks alone. While appearances matter, finding the perfect location is a lot more complicated than that. Luckily, we can help you vet contenders regarding other important factors. Here are seven additional things you'll need to know before committing to where you'll celebrate. Be sure to ask about them when you meet with each site representative.
1. What's the capacity of the event space?
Obviously, your venue will have to fit your desired number of guests. Don't forget to count vendors in your estimate, too.
2. Are there hotel or revenue commitments?
Some venues require that you book a certain number of rooms. Others ask that you meet a food-and-beverage minimum in exchange for event services.
3. Is there on-site catering, and is using it required?
Built-in service may make your life easier, but if your heart is set on a specific menu, you might want your own caterer.
4. Are there décor restrictions?
Can you light candles, toss confetti, or mount a floral installation on the wall? Don't let unexpected rules get in the way of your dream event design.
5. Will yours be the only event at its date and time?
That's the best way to ensure your coordinator's undivided attention-and full access to venue resources.
6. What's the rain plan?
When it comes to outdoor venues, an indoor backup spot is essential for peace of mind.
7. How late can you celebrate?
Outdoor venues may also be subject to noise restrictions or end-time ordinances, so you may have to wrap your party up by 10 or 11 p.m.
- In the New "Spencer" Trailer, We Get Our First Glimpse of Kristen Stewart in Princess Diana's Wedding Dress
- This Couple Released Butterflies During Their Secret Garden-Themed Ceremony
- Experts Share Their Favorite Cocktail Hour Games and Activities for Your Wedding Day
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Are Coming to New York City This Weekend