Glitter Dust Wedding Cakes
These dazzling desserts start with basic fondant or buttercream cakes.
When to start: 12-24 hours before
- Refrigerate store-bought cakes until the frosting hardens completely. Mix edible shimmer (try Wilton bright shimmer dust) with confectioner's sugar to achieve desired color; the more sugar used, the lighter the hue. Cut strips of acetate to your preferred width (ours are about 1/2 inch), and rest them on top of the cakes to create a design. Parallel stripes are easiest. Sift shimmer over each cake.
- Lift strips when done to view final pattern. Reuse them to decorate the rest of your cakes.
- A Wedding with Timeless Elegance at a Historical Venue in Atlanta, Georgia
- Anna Faris and Michael Barrett Are Married—Here's What We Know About Their Secret Elopement
- How to Plan a Wedding-Weekend Bachelorette Party
- This Couple Exchanged Vows in Front of a 17th-Century Mission-Style Chapel with Mountain Views