Glitter Dust Wedding Cakes
These dazzling desserts start with basic fondant or buttercream cakes.
When to start: 12-24 hours before
- Refrigerate store-bought cakes until the frosting hardens completely. Mix edible shimmer (try Wilton bright shimmer dust) with confectioner's sugar to achieve desired color; the more sugar used, the lighter the hue. Cut strips of acetate to your preferred width (ours are about 1/2 inch), and rest them on top of the cakes to create a design. Parallel stripes are easiest. Sift shimmer over each cake.
- Lift strips when done to view final pattern. Reuse them to decorate the rest of your cakes.
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend Are Expecting Another Boy!
- My Wedding Venue Has a Bridal Suite. Should I Plan to Get Ready There?
- A Dreamy Sherbet Color Palette Drove the Design of This Garden Micro-Wedding in Colorado
- Al Roker and Deborah Roberts Shared the Sweetest Throwback Wedding Photos to Mark Their 25th Anniversary