Picture-Perfect Makeup: Play up Lips
When it comes to lipstick, think definition, color, and shine, and you're guaranteed to have a perfectly framed smile in photos.
Give Lips Shape
Pick a lip liner that matches the pigment of your lips for the softest look. Trace just inside your natural lip line, not outside of it. Fill in lips with liner, too, so lipstick won't wear off as quickly and the pencil outline won't show. Apply lipstick afterward; blend with a dry, clean lip brush.
Choose the Right Lipstick
Select sheer cream lipsticks rather than matte, which can look flat and dry in pictures. You'll want a shade that provides enough of a color difference between your lips and the skin around them. Avoid nude hues, which may cause your lips to recede in photos, as well as certain colors, such as hot pinks and corals, that can look too bright.
Apply Some Shine
Gloss gives lips a fuller look. But use it sparingly; it can reflect light and draw too much attention to the mouth. Try accenting just the center of your lips with a sheer gloss that's in the same color family as your lipstick.
Pencils in an Array of Shades:
1. Fresh Lip Pencil in Poppy Plume, $15; 2. Aveda Lip Liner in Cassia, $12; 3. Christian Dior Lipliner Pencil in Earth (#433), $22; 4. Benefit Silk Pencil in Flush, $15; 5. Fresh Lip Pencil in Marguerite, $15. These creamy formulas add some color but still look appropriate for a bride: 6. Tina Earnshaw Lipstick in Berry, $20; 7. Chantecaille lipstick in Comet, $24; 8. Clinique Colour Surge Bare Brilliance Lipstick in Orchid Shimmer, $13.50; 9. Shu Uemura Lipstick Rouge 4 (#321), $20. Sheer glosses will add sparkle to your lips: 10. Bliss Gloss in Sweet, $18; 11. O.P.I. Sheer Romance Lip Sheers in Sheer Warmth, $10; 12. Clinique Glosswear for Lips in Shy Beige, $13.50; 13. Origins Lip Gloss in Sheer Crystal, $12; 14. Stila Lip Glaze in Apricot, $24; 15. T. LeClerc Lipgloss in Natural, $19.
You will be smiling for the camera all night long. To keep your teeth lipstick-free, pucker lips into an O and press lips around your finger. The excess lipstick will transfer to your finger.
Picture Perfect Makeup
- In the New "Spencer" Trailer, We Get Our First Glimpse of Kristen Stewart in Princess Diana's Wedding Dress
- This Couple Released Butterflies During Their Secret Garden-Themed Ceremony
- Experts Share Their Favorite Cocktail Hour Games and Activities for Your Wedding Day
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Are Coming to New York City This Weekend