French-Fishtail Braided Short Wedding Hairstyle
For this edgy and elegant take on a chin-length bob, New York City stylist Sarah Potempa crafted a two-strand braid that began with the bangs and incorporated new pieces along the hairline. Here, the tutorial on creating the look on your own.
- Volumizing mousse
- Clear elastic
- Sarah Potempa Blow Out Attachment
- Ceramic straightening iron
- Texturizing spray
1. Apply mousse to a comb. Comb product evenly through hair for volume and flexible hold.
2. Create a fishtail braid, making sure to incorporate the bangs. Continue along the hairline, and then hold in place with a clear elastic.
How to fishtail braid: Take a section of hair and separate into two pieces. Wrap a small section of hair from the right side over the left section. Then wrap a little hair from the left over the right. Repeat.
3. Impart a loose texture to the rest of the hair, by attaching the Sarah Potempa Blow Out Attachment to a ceramic straightening iron. Wrap hair around it in sections to give it bend and body. Finish with a spritz of texturizing spray for added fullness. Style with fingers.
- In the New "Spencer" Trailer, We Get Our First Glimpse of Kristen Stewart in Princess Diana's Wedding Dress
- This Couple Released Butterflies During Their Secret Garden-Themed Ceremony
- Experts Share Their Favorite Cocktail Hour Games and Activities for Your Wedding Day
- Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Are Coming to New York City This Weekend