Bright and Preppy
The classic ensemble of a striped button-down shirt and French-knot cuff links inspired these favors in summery hues, which we filled with saltwater taffy.
1. Print our wrappers and rubber-stamp the date.
2. Wrap around the box, affixing on the bottom with double-sided tape or a glue stick.
3. Make a hole in one box end with a 1/16-inch punch.
4. Slip the loop of a fabric-knot button through, and secure with a piece of white painter's tape (cover inside panel of box with decorative paper, if you like).
Slide boxes are from Paper Mart.
These wrappers are sized to fit a two-piece slide box (2 7/8 inches long, 1 7/8 inches wide, and 1 1/8 inches deep) from Paper Mart. Print wrappers on plain white paper, and cut along edges using a paper cutter, paper trimmer, or a craft knife and metal straight edge. Stamp or write the date in the open box. Wrap the paper around the box, and secure with double-sided tape.
If you decide you want to cover the tape holding the button in place, inside the box, cut out the extra rectangle, and secure with double-sided tape.
Custom stamp, from Stampworx 2000
Stamp pad, in the color "bluegrass," by Martha Stewart Crafts, from Michaels
Knot buttons, from Pacific Trimming
1/16-inch circle hand punch (No. 23507097), by Fiskars
James' saltwater taffy, from Miette Confiserie, 415-626-6221
- It Was Flower Central at This Couple's Open-Air Venue in Greenville, South Carolina
- Four Things to Consider Before Resetting Your Grandmother's Engagement Ring
- Gwen Stefani's Family Just Threw Her a Surprise Bridal Shower
- This Backyard Wedding in Texas Was Predicted-Decades Ago-by the Bride's Father