Get Engagement-Party Ready with These 5 Beauty Buys
- Find a highlighter that you love. There are many types you can choose from-whether it's one that gives off a matte glow or one that's radiant and flecked with glitter. Getting a highlight on the cheekbone, bridge of the nose and brow bone adds a glistening element to the skin. It immediately draws attention to the complexion adds an air of radiance.
- One to try:Kjar Weiss in Radiance, $56
Why I love it: It gives the face a subtly glamorous sheen-it is the perfect accessory to any outfit.
Pump up your look with a few individual lashes. If you add them to the edges of the eye you will get a doe-eyed, romantic look. If you add them to the center of the lash line it will instantly give you an open bright eyed effect. However you decide to do it, aim to keep your look as natural as possible.
One to try: Ardell Knot Free Individual Lash Starter Kit, $9
Why I love it: This package comes with three different sizes of natural-looking lashes. Variation with flair!
Add a spot of metallic eyeshadow to the lid. Adding a pop of sheen on top of your everyday makeup will add a hint of celebration to your look. Layer it for a more dramatic party eye, or use the smallest dab to brighten a dramatic smokey eye to smoldering perfection.
One to try: Laura Mercier Metallic Cream Colour in Burnished Copper, $24
Why I love it: It's stunning on its own and layers like a champ.
A subtle yet sparkly liner will have you looking festive in a flash. You can line the whole lash line and create a cat eye with a twist, or highlight the lower lashes by using it underneath the eye. It gives the eyes an added spark.
One to try: Urban Decay Glitter Eyeliner in Midnight Cowboy, $20
Why I love it: It's long lasting and will give a perfect flash of twinkle to the eye.
Nothing can makes a smooch under the mistletoe more irresistible than the sheen of a glossy lip with a fresh mint scent. Adding a touch of gloss to the lips will instantly give an evening twist to any of your favorite lipsticks.
One to try: Elizabeth Arden Crystal Clear Lip Gloss, $14
Why I love it: It's got the perfect amount of shine and a delicious spearmint flavor.
- Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas Have Welcomed Their First Child!
- "Downton Abbey" Star Michelle Dockery Is Engaged to Phoebe Waller-Bridge's Brother, Jasper
- This French Enchanted Garden-Themed Wedding Took Place at an Ivy-Covered Manor in Michigan
- Olympic Figure Skater Adam Rippon and Jussi-Pekka Kajaala Are Married!