"Something Blue" Reverse French Manicure Wedding Nails
- Base coat
- Nude nail polish
- Thin striping brush
- White nail polish
- Blue nail polish
Tip: Try deep blue for winter weddings, and light blue for summer.
- Top coat (shiny or matte)
1. Prime your nails with your base coat. Any clear base coat will work, but I used Deborah Lippmann's quick-drying All About That Base, which works well as an undercoat, even if your nails have stress marks or discoloration.
2. Add a coat of your favorite nude nail polish.
3. The next step is all about taking the classic French manicure and spinning it on its head. Use a thin striping brush and white nail polish to create a little curved line just above the base of your nails. As opposed to the thicker line usually seen in reverse French manicures, this will give nails a dainty look.
4. On your ring finger, repeat or "borrow" that same shape by adding a "something blue" curved line next to the white one for a subtle, stacked look with just a small pop of color.
5. Finish with your favorite top coat, and enjoy your playful-and sophisticated-mani!
- Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas Have Welcomed Their First Child!
- "Downton Abbey" Star Michelle Dockery Is Engaged to Phoebe Waller-Bridge's Brother, Jasper
- This French Enchanted Garden-Themed Wedding Took Place at an Ivy-Covered Manor in Michigan
- Olympic Figure Skater Adam Rippon and Jussi-Pekka Kajaala Are Married!