Folded Envelope Save-the-Date
With its graceful calligraphy, this letter captures the romance of a love note from another era, but with a contemporary twist: It folds into its own origami-style envelope (a trick that works on any sheet of 8 1/2-by-11-inch paper).
These were designed, printed, hand-addressed, and folded by Maybelle Imasa-Stukuls (may-belle.com). If you're up to the challenge of printing and folding them yourself (follow the instructions below), she'll send you a PDF of her artwork ($400) and leave the rest to you. Each piece is delicate, so request that the post office hand-cancel them.
Tools and supplies:
- 8 1/2-by-11-inch paper
1. With the script faceup, fold bottom half to center. Fold top layer down by 1/2 inch, and repeat.
2. Fold bottom corners in at an angle. Then fold both sides in by 1 1/2 inches.
3. Bring the top corners in to meet in the center, and crease. Fold top down; tuck pointed edge into flap.
- Floor-to-Ceiling Florals Brought the Outside in at This North Carolina Wedding
- Your Guide to Toi et Moi Engagement Rings—and Eight Stunning Options to Shop Now
- Actress Danielle Brooks Is Married! Get Your First Glimpse of Her Stunning Big-Day Looks
- The Couple Let the Symmetrical Grounds of Miami's Vizcaya Museum Set the Scene for Their Nighttime Celebration