5 Tips So You Can Pack for Your Honeymoon Like a Pro
Why wrestle with your stuff? Line, lay, roll, and fold your way to a well-organized bag.
A suitcase looks spacious enough -- until you begin filling it. To learn how to pack like a pro, we enlisted three seasoned travelers. Martha Stewart, for one, protects shoes and loose items with felt bags. To keep dresses and suits wrinkle-free, Heather Poole, a flight attendant, lays them flat, then rolls shirts and sweaters to save space. And Brad John, co-owner of Flight 001, stows toiletries in accessible containers and places them on top. Use these ingenious strategies, and your zipper will thank you. "When you travel with just a carry-on, always use a hard case," says John. "It can't expand, so you won't overstuff it, and it will always fit the requirements." Rimowa "Salsa Deluxe 29" suitcase, hidesinshape.com.
Line the bottom with shoes and tech gear in bags. Fill the center with rolled-up jeans and jackets.
Lay dresses and pants lengthwise on top of the first layer, letting the ends hang over the sides of the luggage.
Roll shirts and sweaters. Place them on top of the second layer. Cover them with the ends of the dresses and pants from the layer underneath.
Fold delicates. Place toiletries and lingerie into separate bags. Set it all on top. Flight 001 "F1 Spacepak Lingerie" bag.
Things to Keep in Mind
- Liquids should be poured into 3.4-ounce containers and stored in 1-quart resealable bags.
- Every bag is inspected, so your luggage lock must be TSA-approved. Find one at safeskieslocks.com.
- Each air carrier designates its own size restrictions for carry-on luggage, though most draw the line at 40 pounds and an outside dimension of 45 inches (the sum of the bag's length, width, and depth). Check your airline's website before embarking.
- Tan France and His Husband, Rob, Have Welcomed a Baby Boy!
- Is It a Big Deal If Your Venue Hosts Multiple Weddings on the Same Day?
- This Couple Reunited with Their Loved Ones During Their Family-Focused Wedding in Florida
- Love and Joy Were at the Forefront During This Intimate, Family-Focused Celebration in Occidental, California