Polished Wedding Ponytail
A little patience and a lot of heat can straighten curly hair temporarily if you want it sleek for the I do's and wavy for the honeymoon. New York City stylist Sarah Potempa applied a serum, stretched the strands, and smoothed locks with a flat iron before pulling hair back into the super-chic look.
- Protection serum
- Blow-dryer with nozzle attachment
- Boar-bristle brush
- Ceramic straightener
- Clear elastic
- Smoothing crème
1. Protect hair from heat damage by applying a serum. Use a blow-dryer with a nozzle attachment and a boar-bristle brush to stretch out and smooth strands.
2. Get the perfect smooth finish by going over hair again with a ceramic straightener. Add extra height at the roots by straightening pieces in an upward motion.
3. Gather hair at the nape of the neck and secure with a clear elastic. Finish off with a smoothing crème.
- Love and Joy Were at the Forefront During This Intimate, Family-Focused Celebration in Occidental, California
- A Slice of Princess Diana and Prince Charles' Wedding Cake Is Up for Auction 40 Years Later—It Might Sell for $700
- Five Reasons Why You Should Talk to Your Friends About Wedding-Related Stress
- Soft Summer Tones and Beautiful Florals Abounded at This Family-Centric Celebration in Texas Hill Country