Vintage-Style Escort-Card Template and How-To
Tools and Supplies
- 8 1/2-by-11-inch white or cream card stock (65-lb. "Classic Crest" cover stock for card and 80-lb. "Classic Crest" for sleeve; both paperpresentation.com; 6 cards or 3 envelopes per sheet)
- Bone folder
- Craft knife
- Metal ruler
- Cutting surface
- Fine-tip glue pen (Martha Stewart Crafts, Michaels.com for stores)
- 1-inch round craft punch
1. Open our PDF file for the sleeves and replace the placeholder text with your own. Print onto the 85-lb paper. Each sheet of sleeves produces 3; you'll need to change the names between each printing.
2. Use the bone folder to crease the paper for the sleeves at the center, between the dotted lines (use the ruler to guide you).
3. Then use the craft knife and the ruler to cut out the sleeves, cutting between the solid-line crop marks (do not cut all the way to the edges of the paper; this will leave the crop marks intact around all the edges to guide subsequent cuts).
4. To assemble the sleeves, use the glue pen to draw a thin line on the back along each long side, staying as close to the edge as possible. Fold each sleeve in half along the crease line, and press to adhere. Let dry.
5. Use the circle craft punch to cut a notch in the center of each sleeve on the open end (turn the punch upside down so you can see the guide line through the opening).
6. Open the PDF file for the table cards and print onto the 65-lb cover stock, replacing the text with new table numbers when necessary (each sheet produces 6 table cards).
7. Use the craft knife and ruler to cut out the cards, cutting between the solid-line crop marks (do not cut all the way to the edges of the paper; this will leave the crop marks intact around all the edges to guide subsequent cuts).
8. Pack the table numbers flat in a large envelope (slip in a piece of stiff cardboard to keep the envelope from bending). When it's time to create escort-card table, slip a card with the proper table number into each sleeve bearing a guest's name.
- 10 Items You Need to Pack in Your Wedding Dress Emergency Kit
- Kate Middleton and Prince William's Wedding Day Was an Emotional Highlight for Queen Elizabeth—Here's Why
- Arcade Games, Tarot Cards, and Cotton Candy Put a Festive Spin on This Couple's Wedding in Austin, Texas
- A Guide to the Most Popular Wedding Veil Lengths, Fabrics, and Colors