A skillfully lined envelope hints at the elegant invitation inside.
Tools and Materials
Lining an Envelope How-To
1. To make an envelope liner, measure the width of your envelope, and subtract 1/4 inch. For the length, fold back the flap of the envelope, and measure from the bottom of envelope to tip of flap, just under the gummed strip. Using a paper cutter, cut a sheet of paper to these dimensions.
2. Slip the paper into the envelope, and fold the corners down just below the glue line, using a bone folder to create sharp creases. Remove the paper from the envelope, and cut off the corners along the folds.
3. Insert liner sheet into envelope, and fold down flap. Lift up the envelope flap, keeping the liner folded. Slip a piece of scrap paper under the liner flap to protect envelope from glue. Run the glue stick over the edges of the back of the liner.
4. Slip out scrap paper. Close down the outer flap over liner, and rub with fingertip to adhere glue to flap.
- A Musical Festival and a Green Couch Inspired This Couple's Whimsical Garden Wedding in California
- 9 Wedding Trends You'll See Everywhere in 2023, According to Wedding Planners and Event Designers
- 7 Wedding Dress and Accessory Trends Every Bride-to-Be Needs to Know About in 2023
- Princess Eugenie Is Pregnant With Her Second Child—and Is Due This Summer