Ramos Gin Fizz
Invented in New Orleans in 1888, this concoction needs vigorous shaking to produce its distinctive frothy cap.
- Servings: 1
Source: Martha Stewart Living, December/January 1999
- 1 ounce gin
- 3 dashes fresh lime juice
- 3 dashes lemon juice
- 3 dashes orangeflower water
- 2 teaspoons superfine sugar
- 1 large egg white
- 1/4 cup light cream (or half-and-half)
- 1/4 cup seltzer
- Ground cinnamon, optional (for garnish)
In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine gin, lime juice, lemon juice, orangeflower water, sugar, egg white, and light cream (or half-and-half). Shake vigorously, and pour into a cocktail glass. Top drink with seltzer, and garnish with ground cinnamon, if desired; serve immediately.