This soup is easy to make, serves as a great base for improvisation, freezes great and is delicious. I made it for my family when we started our weekly vegetarian day and it helped win them over.
This is an excellent and delicious base recipe. I made changes to fit my family's taste and for ease:
1. used coconut oil instead of olive
2. added 1/2 tsp coriander while simmering
3. used vine tomatoes instead of beefsteak
4. reduced the liquid quite a bit more
5. used an immersion blender to puree
This is even better the next day, and it freezes beautifully. I will be making this again and again.
This is one of the best recipes ever! So simple and healthy. I have made it many times and the whole family loves it!