Source: Martha Stewart Weddings, 2005
Incorporate the shades and symbols of autumn into festive boutonnieres.
1. As foliage for fresh phalaenopsis orchids, jacquard ribbon with a fern motif (from Masterstroke Canada) is cut into leaf shapes.
2. Bittersweet (from Dry Nature Designs) and vintage silk leaves are tied with taffeta ribbon (from the Store Across the Street).
3. Tiny prewired pinecone flowers (from Dry Nature Designs) and paper ferns (from Tinsel Trading Company), secured with silk ribbon (by Midori), form an everlasting ornament.
4. The stems of warm-hued freesia are wrapped in brown floral tape and tied with taffeta ribbon (from the Store Across the Street).
5. Loops of plaid ribbon (from Hyman Hendler & Sons) are a bright backdrop for realistic acorn trimmings (from Tinsel Trading Company).