Grilling chicken inside leeks leaves it moist, flavorful, and colorful. You will need three leeks per breast.
Leek Packages How-To
1. Blanch leek leaves and allow to cool.
2. On parchment paper, lay out leeks vertically, alternating their orientation. As you do when weaving a pie crust, fold back every other one to the midpoint. Lay a leek across horizontally. Straighten folded leeks. Fold back alternate leeks and repeat until you have a woven square, approximately 11" x 11". Trim excess.
3. Brush leeks with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Lay a chicken breast in one corner and fold that corner over it. Fold the two sides in, and roll shut. Tie with kitchen twine.
5. Grill over medium heat for 10 minutes per side or until the chicken is cooked through. Remove twine and slice crosswise.