10 Things You Might Not Know About Martha Stewart
Martha's television producers share some fascinating facts you may be surprised to learn about Martha.
1. Martha is an insomniac and watches lots of late-night and cable-access television. In fact, that's how she discovered our pet expert, Marc Morrone.
2. Martha has a special language she uses only with animals.
3. Her favorite scent? Unscented!
4. Martha's favorite pen is the felt-tipped "le pen" -- in black, brown, or blue, depending on what she's signing. For the holidays, she even breaks out red.
5. Martha loves Post-Its, and leaves notes for herself -- and others -- all over the house and office. She's even been known to color coordinate them with the decor.
6. She's been known to stand in front of an open refrigerator and drink buttermilk straight from the carton and eat pickles right out of the jar. If she spots some liverwurst, forget about it -- she's in heaven.
7. If you are lucky enough to be invited to Skylands, her home in Maine, the 5 a.m. hikes are mandatory.
8. She once sent an email banning black rubber-soled shoes from the office because of the streaks they left on the floors -- only she left out the R, so it read "black steaks."
9. She's a big fan of rapper Eminem.
10. She's never really liked bananas, but she absolutely loves hot dogs.