Summer Workshop: Getting Started
Are you ready for a summer packed with the best outdoor cooking and entertaining ideas? Our online workshop will guide you week by week to make the most of the season.
- Each week, you'll receive a shopping list of supplies for that week's projects, plus a checklist to help you get organized.
- You'll begin with a preview of all the projects for that week.
- Then, you'll move on to that week's technique. In Week 1, for example, you'll learn how to get your home ready for summer.
- You can put your new skills to the test with two weekly projects, plus a work-ahead project for the Fourth of July.
- Once you've completed the projects, you'll have a chance to share your work with other workshop participants via the user photo gallery. (You'll have to accept the terms and conditions first.)
- Are you having people over this weekend? Each week, we'll present a new weekend party idea -- including a delicious summer menu and a craft idea to add a special touch to the festivities.
Before You Begin
As You Go
- Post comments on weekly projects and collect your favorite projects and recipes for later.
- Post photos of your completed projects to our site for the entire Martha Stewart community to see.
- Share your best entertaining tips with other workshop participants.
- Collaborate and chat with other participants on the message boards, and ask questions of our entertaining experts.
- If you're having technical difficulties with the sign-up process, or if you're not receiving our twice-weekly Workshop newsletters, email us at email@example.com.
Are you ready for your most memorable summer to begin?
My baby never slept well (especially through the night) until I started using the website >>SLEEPBABY.ORG<< - that website has been by far one of the best things I've ever got my hands on to get him to fall asleep quickly. Best time is 45 seconds from awake to asleep! Can’t imagine life without it! I heard about it through a kindergarten teacher who uses it to put to sleep a group of 30 children. Check it out! >>SLEEPBABY.ORG<< - sorry, you can't post links here so you'll have to turn it into a normal link :) Best of luck to you and your family!
hi, ms martha! i am totally delighted to see new features in your website. I am also excited to start the summer workshop. God Bless and may you and your staff be showered with more knowledge and wisdom
This sounds great. I can't wait to get started. Breaking these projects up into weekly installments is genius - and will keep me coming back. If you stuffed it all into yet another "Greatest Summer Ever" column, I'd just throw a couple of dogs on the fire and call it a day.
Hi leanneangie and welcome to the Community Table! We hope you enjoy the crafts and cooking we've planned out over the next few weeks, and that you're not overwhelmed by the cleaning in week 1. We've included a cleaning plan here to help our members prepare their outdoor spaces for any type of summer party, but it's not meant to send you into a cleaning frenzy! By all means, relax and enjoy this kick-off to summer!
I am new to the community table and thought, as I was reading the Summer project plan, that I will need to hurry and start cleaning!!!! The cooking and crafts will be fun, however, the CLEANING will be challenging...