These scissors have been designed for specific tasks and decorative effects.
1. Multipurpose Craft Shears The shape of these scissors makes them perfect for long, straight cuts when you're working on a flat surface.
2. Rotary Cutters This tool makes one continuous cut as you run it across paper or other craft materials. The straight blade can be removed and replaced with decorative ones.
3. Pinking Shears Keep a separate pair of pinking shears for crafts; these have soft, ambidextrous handles.
4. Pointed Trimmers The thin, pointed tips are good for detail work and reaching into awkward spots.
5. Patterned Paper Edgers Use these to give paper a decorative border; this pair is scalloped.