Blue Tansy Is the Latest Essential Oil Star
Meet your new favorite skin-care ingredient.
When skin looks or feels out of sorts, blue tansy may lift it out of the doldrums. Distilled from Moroccan chamomile, the floral essential oil has similar sedative properties to those of the flowers you brew in your tea, but with stronger anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial powers. "It eases sensitivities ranging from eczema to acne," says Manhattan dermatologist Arash Akhavan. The oil's cerulean hue (from the chamazulene in the plant) and unique scent can calm the mind, too, he adds: "The sweet, herbaceous aroma helps relax the nervous system." May Lindstrom, creator of the Blue Cocoon Beauty Balm, likens its effects to "a meditation vacation." One whiff in, we agreed.
1. Milèo Maroc D'Azur Face Oil. $175, mileonewyork.com.
2. Herbivore Lapis Facial Oil. $72, herbivorebotanicals.com.
3. Primally Pure Blue Tansy Body Oil. $46, primallypure.com.
4. Sunday Riley Blue Moon Tranquility Cleansing Balm. $50, sephora.com.
5. May Lindstrom Skin The Blue Cocoon Beauty Balm Concentrate. $180, maylindstrom.com.