Crepe-Paper Surprise Easter Eggs
Here's an eggcellent twist on the crepe-paper surprise ball. As kids unwind the paper, they find mini craft projects—everything from a mini painting, to pom-pom critters, and a painted necklace.
This idea comes from our contributor Kara Whitten. Plus, she says this "will get your kids creating instead of over-indulging in candy this Easter."
Egg Craft Kits
1. Mini paint pots, pasta, twine, and Q-tips let little ones create their own painted pasta necklace. Paint the pasta using the Q-tips as paint brushes, let dry, and string onto the twine.
2. Use glue to attach pom-poms, add googly eyes, and pipe cleaner antennas to create mini caterpillar critters.
3. Simply mix beads and twine in an egg so kids that string their own bracelet or necklace.
4. A few pipe cleaners are all that is needed to make easy flower pipe cleaner rings. Wrap the pipe cleaners around a finger and twist to create a ring shape and then roll the ends of the pipe cleaners towards the center to create flower petals.
5. Print out or draw mini coloring pages and include paint pots and Q-tips for kids to paint the portraits.