Giant Oatmeal-Raisin Cookies
Everyone will adore this outsize version of the classic treat. Each crisp-chewy cookie is spiced with cinnamon and studded with dark, golden, and Monukka raisins.
- Yield: Makes 8
Photography: Mike Krautter
Source: Martha Bakes, Episode 903
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3 cups raisins, preferably a mixture of dark, golden, and Monukka
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment; set aside.
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Reduce speed to low. Beat in eggs, one at a time; add vanilla.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, cinnamon, baking soda, and baking powder. With mixer on low, gradually add flour mixture and beat until well combined. Beat in oats and raisins until just combined.
Arrange 3/4-cup balls of dough on prepared baking sheets, about 3 inches apart. Use the palm of your hand to flatten into 4-inch rounds. Bake, rotating halfway through, until golden brown, about 16 minutes. Let cool on sheets 2 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.