Green Thai Chicken Soup
Pressed for time? Using store-bought broth, rotisserie chicken, and curry paste means you can get this vibrant, flavorful soup on the table in under half an hour.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
- Yield: Makes 6 cups
Photography: Pernille Loof
Source: Martha Stewart Living, January/February 2018
- 1 1/2 cups chopped sweet bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon safflower oil
- 1 tablespoon green Thai curry paste, such as Maesri
- 1 quart Basic Chicken Stock or store-bought low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups thinly sliced baby bok choy
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
In a saucepan, saute bell peppers in oil over medium-high until softened and browning in places, 4 to 5 minutes. Add curry paste; cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add stock; bring to a simmer. Add chicken and bok choy. Cook until bok choy is just wilted and chicken is heated through, about 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in lime juice. Season with salt and pepper.