Dig into this vegetarian version of the classic party starter straight from the oven -- the double-cheese, double-chile dip is bubbling and delicious after only 10 minutes.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 6
Photography: Pernille Loof
Source: Martha Stewart Living, January/February 2018
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large poblano chile, seeded and cut lengthwise in quarters, then crosswise in 1/4-inch strips (1 cup)
- 1 onion, thinly sliced (1 1/4 cups)
- Kosher salt
- 1 serrano chile, thinly sliced, seeded if desired (1 tablespoon)
- 1 pound low-moisture mozzarella (such as Polly-O), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 6 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- Jicama sticks, radishes, and tortilla chips, for serving
Preheat broiler with rack 4 inches from heating element. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high. Swirl in oil. Add poblano and cook, 3 minutes. Add onion and season with salt. Cook until onion is softened and poblano is slightly charred, 4 minutes. Add serrano and cook until softened, 2 minutes more. Remove from heat. Add both cheeses. Broil until bubbly and browned in spots, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve with jicama sticks, radishes, and tortilla chips.