Quick Shrimp Relish Tray
For an unconventional pre-turkey bite, serve a seafood appetizer at Thanksgiving. This dish is the love child of two retro hors d'oeuvres: relish trays and shrimp cocktail. Build-your-own crostini topped with quick-pickled shrimp and vibrant fixings will tide people over and wake up their taste buds.
- Total Time:
- Yield: Serves 6 to 8
Photography: Alpha Smoot
Source: Martha Stewart Living, November 2017
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked medium shrimp
- 1/4 cup sliced caper berries, plus whole caper berries for serving
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon grated garlic
- 4 ribs celery, cut crosswise into 2-inch pieces
- Simple Crostini
Whisk together lemon juice, oil, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and sugar. Stir in shrimp and caper berries. Refrigerate, stirring occasionally, at least 1 hour.
Meanwhile, stir together mayonnaise and garlic. Refrigerate until ready to use. Use a mandolin or a sharp knive to cut celery lengthwise into thin planks. Serve shrimp with garlic mayonnaise, shaved celery, crostini, and whole caper berries.