15 Things That Prove Gingham is Always a Good Thing
Spring decorating couldn't get any cuter.
If spring was a pretty pattern, surely gingham the cheery micro-checked design would be it. After all, gingham looks pretty in pink, cheerful in yellow and timeless in navy or pale blue checks. While gingham is more popular than ever before, we've always been fans of the preppy pattern. (Hey, just take a look at our decoupaged Easter eggs this year.) Now with summer nearly here, we're ready to jump into that crisp, tailored fabric as the inspiration for all kinds of DIYs: kitchen curtains, tablecloths, bedding, gifts, the list goes on and on...
1. For instance, it adds the perfect pattern to this classic room divider.
2. And makes for a fun design to spruce up mason jars.
3. And who would've thought it would make such a fanciful kitchen backsplash?
4. It's a playful twist on classic handmade dolls.
5. And makes for a quickly sewn upgrade to an out-of-use basket.
6. Coffee is always a good idea. And a French press wrapped in a gingham cozy? That's even better!
7. It makes a stunning statement wall.
8. And puts the pep in your couch pillows. (Gingham pillow fort, anyone?)
9. Fancy a new outdoor table cover? We'll make one similar to the classic red checked print.
10. Gingham coasters are just what your picnic was missing.
11. It even looks cheery as a checkered floor.
12. It will make you rethink your curtains.
13. And you'll actually be excited about brown bag lunch.
14. Cooking will always mean wearing your favorite apron (in gingham, what else?)
15. And it will always inspire you - this spring and the next!