Lunar New Year Candy Tray
Here's a sweet start to the New Year! Our serving platter is tailored to the Tray of Togetherness, which traditionally is a sectional serving platter with eight compartments filled with candies, dried fruits, nuts, and other symbolic treats. Share among friends and family.
Photography: Rebekah Lowin
Source: Martha Stewart
Fill your tray with any treats you wish. We filled ours with shimmery gold chocolates, candied kumquats, sugared mandarin oranges, and other showstopping sweets.
Also pictured: Red Envelopes, 5 for $5.00, sugarfina.com
13" Gold charger plate, $2.29, michaels.com
- 10" Red metallic doily, $2.99, (similar available at partycity.com)
- Découpage Durable gloss finish, by Martha Stewart Crafts, $10 for 8 oz., amazon.com
- Découpage Brush Set, by Martha Stewart Crafts, $14.99, amazon.com
- Gold candy cups, $15.99 per pack, nycake.com
- Chinese New Year 8pc bento box of candy, $65.00, sugarfina.com
Paint découpage finish onto back of decorative doily. Paste onto tray; let dry for 1 to 2 hours.
Paint entire tray with découpage finish; let dry for another 1 to 2 hours. Add a topcoat for extra durability.
Arrange candy cups onto tray, following a circular pattern with one in the center. Fill with treats of your choice.