Pegboard Advent Calendar
The countdown to Christmas starts now.
Photography: Ryan Liebe
Source: Martha Stewart
- White pegboard, 3/16" by 2' by 4', $8, homedepot.com
- Cotton muslin pouches, 4" by 6", $18 for 25, snugglymonkey.com
- Krylon ColorMaster gloss enamel, in Banner Red, $7 for 12 oz., michaels.com
- Lara's Crafts wood axle pegs, 13⁄8", $4 for 31, michaels.com
- Craftsmart stencils, in Western Alphabet, from $7, michaels.com
- Martha Stewart Crafts multisurface satin acrylic craft paint, in Habanero, from $2.50 for 2 oz., michaels.com
Paint a two-by-four-foot pegboard slat; let dry overnight.
Using stencils, craft paint, and a brush or sponge, paint the numbers 1 through 24 on muslin gift bags; let dry overnight.
Evenly space 24 small wooden pegs in the board; fill the bags with little toys, candy, and handwritten messages, and hang the bags in order. Then just place it on a console table or ledge, lean it against the wall (or mount it, if you have small children), and let the anticipation build.