- 2 pieces of felt (I like to use pink and red)
- Needle and thread
- Poly fiberfill stuffing
- Fabric glue
- Googly eyes
Draw a love monster pattern on a piece of paper. Cut out the pattern.
Pin the pattern to the two pieces of felt and cut out the shape.
Sew around the edge with a complementary-color thread (I have used light purple). A basic running stitch looks nice on the felt but if you want to make it look extra special, try using a blanket stitch (instructions below). Leave a small opening, then stuff with fiberfill stuffing. Close up the opening with a few more stitches.
- Bring the needle from back to front, piercing both pieces of felt, 1/8 inch from the edge.
- Bring the needle back under the back piece of felt and thread the needle through the same hole.
- Pull thread through fabric leaving a small loop of thread. Thread needle through that loop.
- Pull tight.
- Bring needle back under the back piece of felt, about 1/8 inch away from the first hole, and pull thread through both pieces of fabric.
- Repeat steps 2 to 5. Keep the stitches evenly spaced to provide a uniform blanket stitch.
Using the fabric glue, attach the googly eyes and glue on a mouth made from felt.
Your monster is complete! This cute little Love Monster is the perfect way to say, "Be my valentine!"