Breakfast Bruschetta Bar
Feed a houseful of hungry guests the easy way, without standing behind the griddle for hours. How? By letting them help themselves from a gorgeous selection that offers something for everyone.
The strategy: you do the setup and they do the serving. Let your guests help themselves, creating their own sweet or savory flavor combinations. Toast a few trays of hearty whole-grain bread and offer the slices with platters of meats, smoked fish, and cheeses; bowls of fruit; presliced or precooked vegetables; soft-cooked eggs; and, of course, plenty of options for schmearing, drizzling, and sprinkling. Here are some suggestions -- but really, the options are endless.
• Sauteed Spinach with Garlic + Soft-Cooked Egg (For perfect soft-cooked eggs: Boil water, add eggs, cook 5 minutes. Drain -- and you're done.)
• Raspberry Jam + Aged Goat Cheese
• Coconut Oil + Banana + Coconut Flakes
• Sliced Ham + Dried Apricots
• Smashed Tomatoes + Bacon + Parsley
• Maple Syrup + Flaxseeds + Pecans
• Labneh + Grapes + Almonds
• Smoked Salmon + Scallions
• Grainy Mustard + Salami + Cucumber