1. The sweet potato casserole gets to take center stage for once. Turkey? Who needs turkey?
2. Pass the gravy -- there's so much more of it to go around. That lump-free gravy you finally perfected this year goes great on mashed potatoes, stuffing, and more!
3. No tryptophan-induced naps after dinner. And no excuses for not helping to clear the table.
4. You finally have an excuse to try one of these fresh alternatives. Pork with persimmons and mustard greens? Duck breast with cherry chutney? Roast beef with horseradish sauce? Sweet potato cannelloni? Sign us up.
5. You have more room on the table for a festive centerpiece.
6. These turkeys were cuter anyway. And they last much longer.
7. Can we get an "amen" for less cleanup? There goes one less serving dish to worry about from your admittedly ambitious menu.
8. More room for pumpkin pie. And chocolate cream pie. And apple pie. Go on, cut yourself another slice.
9. Best of all? There's always next year. New year, new chance to master that bird.