Follow these steps to create your own Garden Party Mother’s Day Brunch.
For the sweets, I decorated the Doily Lace Cupcake Stand with Fabric Camellia Stickers and Vintage Girl Specialty Ribbons. The coconut key lime muffins with key lime glaze were made even more festive in Pastel Dotted Baking Cups.
The Vintage Girl Pink Pom Poms set a sweet scene; I hung them from a tree behind the table.
The Mother’s Day Color Mason Jar Flower Bouquets echo the floral theme beautifully.
To make them:
1. Wipe mason jars with rubbing alcohol to remove debris. Put a cover down to protect your workspace.
2. Pour 1 tablespoon of Martha Stewart Crafts Decoupage Multi-Surface Durable Gloss Finish into an empty pint mason jar. Add 1/2 tablespoon of water and 3 drops of gel food color. If mixing primary colors to create a secondary color like orange, make sure your drops do not exceed 3 drops combined (example: for orange, use 2 drops of yellow and 1 drop of red, totaling 3 drops). If you add too much food coloring, the mixture will be too thin and will cause streaking.
3. Stir the mixture in the mason jar, using a craft stick, until the color is uniform and you don’t see any white decoupage. Be sure to mix well around the inside edges and the bottom of the mason jar. Swirl the decoupage around the inside of the jar until it is completely covered.
4. Once the inside of the mason jar is completely covered, including the inside rim, set the jars upside down on top of craft sticks on your protected work surface; let the excess decoupage run out of the jars. (Placing the jars on sticks will allow the decoupage to run out without it pooling around the inside of the rim.)
5. Let the mason jars drain in this position for 1 hour. The color of the jars will look lighter, but once the decoupage dries clear, your color will match the gel food coloring you chose. Preheat your oven to 225 degrees.
6. After 1 hour, carefully lift the jars and gently wipe any decoupage from the outside rim (if there is any). Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and place the mason jars right side up on the lined cookie sheet. Cure the jars for 1 hour in the oven until the decoupage is completely dry and the glass is transparent.
7. Remove the jars from the oven and set aside to cool. Once cool, tie a piece of Martha Stewart Crafts Decoupage Floral Lace around the outside of the mason jar. Wrap tulle around a bunch of artificial flowers, and set the flowers in finished jars.
The table setting especially for mom included a one-of-a-kind handmade Elegant Floral Lace Necklace created with Floral Lace and wrapped in a pink gift box with bow.
The glasses were simply decorated, wrapped with Vintage Girl Specialty Ribbons featuring two flowers from the Pink Layered Pom Pom Stickers collection and set atop a Vintage Girl Coasters.
Do you love the simple set of plates, glasses and flatware featured in the Mother’s Day Brunch Garden Party? It's available in the Martha Stewart Collection White Wicker Picnic Basket for 2 at Macy’s. This classic picnic basket from Martha Stewart Collection has a generous shape and charming wicker exterior for a thoroughly retro feel.
Martha Stewart products used: Doily Lace Cupcake Stand, Fabric Camellia Stickers, Vintage Girl Specialty Ribbons, Vintage Girl Pink Pom Poms, Floral Lace, Pink Layered Pom Pom Stickers, Vintage Girl Coasters, all available at Michaels Craft Stores.
Now through May 10th, get 20% off your entire Martha Stewart Crafts purchase at Michael's.