Voting Sweepstakes Rules
Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia
2015 “American Made Audience Choice Award” Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE OR SUBSCRIPTION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR SUBSCIPTION DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
These Official Rules apply for the “American Made Audience Choice Award” Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") conducted by Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc. (“MSLO”), with offices at 601 West 26th Street, New York, NY 10001 (“Sponsor”) which will be promoted on http://americanmade.marthastewart.com (“Website”), www.marthastewart.com, www.instagram.com/marthastewart, www.facebook.com/marthastewart and www.twitter.com/marthastewart, and with official rules available at http://www.marthastewart.com/1013388/voting-sweepstakes-rules. The Sweepstakes will start at 9:00:00 AM Eastern Time ("ET") on September 21, 2015 and will end at 11:59:59 PM Eastern Time (“ET”) on October 19, 2015. By entering this Sweepstakes, you agree to the Terms in these Official Rules.
1. SWEEPSTAKES ENTRANTS AND PRIZE RECIPIENTS MUST BE (I) LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND (II) AGED 18 YEARS OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY TO BE ELIGIBLE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. SWEEPSTAKES SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. Employees of Sponsor, QuickBooks, The UPS Store, Triscuit, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotion, fulfillment and/or judging agencies, and related entities (collectively, the “Released Entities”), and their immediate family members (spouse, parents, siblings, children and their spouses) regardless of where they reside and/or those living in the same household of any such individual (whether or not related) are not eligible to enter or win.
2. THERE ARE TWO WAYS TO ENTER: To enter Online: Step 1) Register as a user on the www.marthastewart.com website, if you have not already. Step 2) Visit the Website to view the Sweepstakes landing page to find Nominees for whom you would like to vote. Step 3) Click Vote. Unregistered users will be required to register at this point. Step 4) When logged-in, you may vote for your favorite nominees up to six (6) times per day during the Promotion Period. One vote is equivalent to one (1) Sweepstakes entry. To enter via email: During the promotion period, email your complete name, street address, city, state, zip code, and telephone number to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Your entry constitutes your consent to participate in this Sweepstakes and your consent for Sponsor to obtain and deliver your name, address and other information to a prize supplier designated by Sponsor and if you are deemed a winner, your prize, as well as for other uses by Sponsor as permitted by applicable law. Entries are the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, misaddressed, postage-due or otherwise misdirected entries that are processed late or incorrectly or are lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or other error. Use of any automated device is not valid for entry. Use of or creation of multiple email addresses to gain additional entries may, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, result in disqualification of those entries. Each entrant will be charged standard carrier-specific data plan rates and applicable taxes depending upon the entrant’s individual wireless pricing plan for each entry you make on your smartphone by your wireless provider. Other carrier-specific rates may also apply, depending on your individual wireless pricing plan, in accordance with your wireless customer agreement. Sponsor in its sole discretion may add or delete a wireless carrier at any time, without notice. All entries must be received before 11:59:59 on October 12, 2015.
3. SELECTION OF WINNERS: Potential prize winners will be selected each week in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received each week during the Promotion Period for a total of four (4) winners. The random drawings will be conducted weekly on or about September 18, 2015, September 25, 2015, October 2, 2015 and October 9, 2015 by Sponsor’s representative, whose decisions on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes are final and binding in all respects pertaining to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received each week. Potential prize winners will be notified by email or by telephone number on or about September 21, 2015, September 28, 2015, October 5, 2015 and October 12, 2015. If a prize winner notification or a prize is returned as undeliverable, a potential prize winner is ineligible, or a prize winner declines a prize, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Limit one (1) prize per person per household.
4. PRIZES AND THEIR APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”): There will be a total of Four Winners: (One Winner Each Week). Each Weekly Winner will receive: a prize package consisting of one (1) Martha Stewart Collection Cutting Board, Apple Shaped (ARV: $29.99), one (1) Martha Stewart Collection Set of 4 Cheese Knives (ARV: $9.99), one (1) Martha Stewart Whim Collection Novelty Print 200 Thread Count Queen Sheet set, Only at Macy’s (ARV: $120.00), one (1) Martha Stewart Crafts Rich Essentials Glitter Set (ARV: $29.99), one (1) Martha Stewart Collection Pot Holder (ARV: $7.99), one (1) Martha Stewart Collection Asian Strainer (ARV: 7.99), one (1) copy of Living the Good Long Life (ARV: $26.00), one (1) copy of One Pot Cookbook (ARV: $26.00), one (1) copy of Martha’s American Food (ARV: $40.00), one (1) copy of Clean Slate (ARV: $26.00), one (1) copy of Martha Stewart Ultimate DVD Collection (ARV: $19.99), one (1) Martha Stewart 8 piece Prep Bowl Set (ARV: $11.99), and one (1) Martha Stewart Crafts Glitter Color Paint Set (ARV $19.99); The ARV of each Weekly Prize Package is: $375.00. The Total Retail Value of all Prizes: $1500.00. Each prize winner will be solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on prizes, as well as any and all costs associated with the acceptance and use of the prize. All expenses and costs associated with the acceptance and use of the prizes are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. No cash substitution, assignment, or transfer of any prize permitted. In the event a prize is unavailable, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. The ARV of the prizes set forth above represents Sponsor’s good faith determination of the retail value thereof, and the actual fair market value, as ultimately determined by Sponsor, is final and binding and cannot be challenged or appealed. In the event the stated ARV of a prize is more than the actual fair market value of the prize, the difference will not be awarded in cash or otherwise.
5. CLAIMING PRIZES/RELEASES: Potential Winners will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability and Publicity Release (unless prohibited by law) to Sponsor within fourteen (14) days of notification. If a potential prize winner fails to comply with the Official Rules and/or to submit required documentation within the designated period, the potential prize winner will be disqualified and the prize will be awarded to an alternate prize winner in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. All prizes will be awarded provided they are properly claimed.
6. INTERNET: If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned due to an infection by a computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor or the Released Entities which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor and the Released Entities reserve the right at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. Neither the Sponsor nor any of the Released Entities assumes any responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries. Neither the Sponsor nor any of the Released Entities are responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by the Sponsor or any of the Released Entities due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. NEITHER SPONSOR NOR ANY OF THE RELEASED ENTITIES ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR INCOMPATIBILITY OF ENTRANT'S HARDWARE, SOFTWARE OR BROWSER TECHNOLOGY WITH SPONSOR'S OR SUCH RELEASED ENTITY’S HARDWARE, SOFTWARE OR BROWSER TECHNOLOGY. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR OR AFFECTED RELEASED ENTITY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of a winner based on an e-mail address, the winning entry will be declared made by the "Authorized Account Holder" of the e-mail address at time of entry. "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person 18 years of age or older who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, education institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Sponsor may ask any entrant or potential winner to provide Sponsor with proof that such party is the Authorized Account Holder of the email associated with the Entry.
7. GENERAL: By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants and prize winners: (1) agree to be bound by these Official Rules; (2) agree to release Sponsor, any prize provider, and the Released Entities from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, costs or expenses, including without limitation property damages, personal injury and/or death arising out of participating in this Sweepstakes, or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery; and (3) consent to the use of his/her name, voice, picture, and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes in any medium throughout the world in perpetuity without additional compensation unless prohibited by law, and (4) acknowledge that Sponsor, any prize provider, and the Released Entities have neither made nor are responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition, or fitness for a particular purpose. Sponsor may discontinue this Sweepstakes at any time. Sponsor may terminate any Sweepstakes or decide to modify it in any manner that it deems fair and equitable to participants if it becomes aware of any occurrence that would materially affect the Sweepstakes' security and fairness. Sponsor may prohibit individuals from participating in the Sweepstakes and disqualify entries if they (1) attempt to enter the Sweepstakes through any means other than as described in these Official Rules, including, but not limited to, entering under more than one (1) email address or creating multiple email addresses to enter, (2) attempt to disrupt the Sweepstakes or circumvent the terms and conditions of these Official Rules in any way (3) repeatedly show a disregard for the Sweepstakes Official Rules or act (a) in an unsportsmanlike manner, or (b) with an intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrant or Sponsor. Sponsor's decisions with respect to the Sweepstakes are final.
8. LIABILITY & RELEASE: By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, any prize provider, and the Released Entities from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize hereunder, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (e) injury or death to a person(s) or damage to property which may be result, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or entrants receipt, acceptance, use &/or enjoyment of any prize. In no event shall the Sponsor, any prize provider or the Released Entities be liable for attorney's fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. Sponsor, any prize provider, and the Released Entities reserve the right to correct typographic, clerical or printing errors in any Sweepstakes materials. Sponsor, any prize provider, and the Released Entities are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of this Sweepstakes, the administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of prize winner(s), including such error as may give an erroneous indication that a prize has been won. In the event the Sponsor, any prize provider or the Released Entities are prevented from continuing with this Sweepstakes, or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes is undermined by any event including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute, or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state, provincial or local government law, order of regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within the Sponsor's, any prize provider’s or the Released Entities' control (each a "Force Majeure" event) the Sponsor, any prize provider, and the Released Entities shall have the right, in their sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes without notice or further obligation. If the Sponsor, any prize provider or the Released Entities, in their discretion, elect to abbreviate, cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes as a result of a Force Majeure event, the Sponsor, any prize provider, and the Released Entities reserve the right, but shall have no obligation, to award the prizes from among all valid Entries received up to the time of such Force Majeure event.
10. WINNERS LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain the names of the Winner (available after October 14, 2015) or a copy of the Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope to: 2015 American Made Audience Choice Award Sweepstakes, c/o Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc., 601 W. 26th St. 9th Floor, New York, NY 10001. Please specify "Official Rules" or "Winners List". VT residents do not need to affix return postage.
HAVE A QUESTION? Write to us at Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc., Attn: Consumer Marketing, 601 West 26th Street, 9th Floor New York, NY 10001.
NATURE OF SPONSOR'S BUSINESS: Media and Merchandising.
Copyright © 2015, Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc. All rights reserved.