Photography: Johnny Miller
Martha Stewart Living, June 2013
- Download dress pattern template, print, and assemble pattern. Lay out on towels (you may need to play around with positioning) and cut out.
- To make front, sew center seam (with right sides facing) and press open. Repeat to make back.
- With right sides facing, sew side seams and press open.
- To create leg openings, sew inseam (with right sides facing).
- At waist, press top edge under by 1/4 inch, then again by 1 inch. Sew around, leaving a 1-inch opening at back. Repeat process with leg openings.
- Using a safety pin, thread 1 yard of elastic through waist channel; overlap ends (trimming as needed) and sew. Repeat process with leg openings.
- Hand-sew openings closed.
- Tea towels
- Sewing machine and supplies
- Soft-stretch elastic, 1/4 inch wide
- Dress Pattern Template
These can be worn as a diaper cover or over underpants.
Soft-stretch elastic, by Stretchrite, 1/4", $2.50 for 3 yd., joann.com
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.