For this dish, you'll need cedar grilling planks, available at some supermarkets and at surlatable.com.
Source: Martha Stewart Living, June 2013
- Prep Time 30 minutes
- Total Time 3 hour
- Serves 6
- 2 cedar grilling planks
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 pieces skin-on salmon fillet (each 1 1/4 pounds), preferably wild and from tail end
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Soak planks in water 2 hours. Remove and sprinkle with a thin layer of salt (about 1 teaspoon). Preheat grill for indirect heat, with coals to 1 side (or medium heat on a gas grill).
- Place salmon, skin side down, on planks and season with salt and pepper. Spread 1 tablespoon mustard in a thin layer on top of each fillet. Drizzle each with 1 teaspoon honey; spread evenly.
- Place planks on indirect side of grill; cover. Cook until fish reaches 135 degrees and is partly opaque in center, about 25 minutes.
© 2015 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.