Roasted Golden-Beet, Avocado, and Watercress Salad
Photography: Raymond Hom
Martha Stewart Living, June 2013
- Prep Time 15 minutes
- Total Time 50 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 bunch (about 12 ounces) baby golden beets, trimmed and scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 bunch (about 4 ounces) watercress, trimmed and large sprigs torn into 3-inch pieces
- 2 radishes, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives
- 1 teaspoon red-wine vinegar
- 1 ounce soft-ripened goat cheese, such as Humboldt Fog, crumbled (about 1/4 cup)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place beets on parchment-lined foil; drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil and season with salt and pepper. Fold parchment and foil into a packet and tightly seal; roast until beets are tender, about 30 minutes. Carefully open packet and let cool. Remove skins from beets and cut into wedges.
- Combine beets, watercress, radishes, avocado, and chives in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk together vinegar and remaining tablespoon oil and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad, gently toss, and top with goat cheese.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.