Coconut Rice Puddings with Raspberries
Photography: chris court
Martha Stewart Living, June 2013
- Prep Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 1 hour
- Serves 6
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split and scraped
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 3/4 cup Cooked Short-Grain Rice
- 1 pint ripe or overripe raspberries
- 1/2 cup unsweetened large coconut flakes, toasted, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and bring a kettle of water to a boil. Whisk together eggs, sugar, vanilla seeds, and salt in a large bowl. Stir in shredded coconut, half-and-half, coconut milk, and rice.
- Place six 6-ounce ramekins (each 1 inch deep and 5 inches in diameter) in a roasting pan and divide rice mixture evenly among ramekins. Transfer pan to oven and pour in enough hot water to reach halfway up ramekins. Bake 20 minutes, then stir each pudding to distribute rice evenly. Divide raspberries among puddings, scattering them over tops. Bake until puddings are set and barely wobbly when shaken, 18 to 20 minutes more. Carefully remove each pudding as it is ready (some will take longer than others because of placement in pan), and let cool slightly, about 15 minutes. Garnish puddings with coconut flakes and serve warm.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.