Mango Lime Sorbet
Photography: chris court
Martha Stewart Living, June 2013
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 8 hours 25 minutes
Yield Makes about 3 pints
- 2 pounds ripe or overripe mangoes (preferably Champagne)
- Pinch of coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest, for sprinkling, plus 1/2 to 1 teaspoon lime juice (from 1 lime)
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- Peel mangoes and cut flesh away from pits; discard pits. Cut mango flesh into 1-inch chunks and spread in a single layer on a plastic-wrap-lined baking sheet. Freeze mangoes, uncovered, until hard, at least 8 hours; once hard, mangoes can be transferred to plastic freezer bags and kept frozen up to 2 months.
- Remove mangoes from freezer and let soften slightly at room temperature, about 15 minutes. Place mangoes and salt in a food processor; puree until smooth, about 2 minutes, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary. Pulse in juice to taste. Serve immediately, scooped into bowls and sprinkled with lime zest and garnished with lime wedges.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.