Chicken with Tomatoes and Feta
Photography: Bryan Gardner
- Prep Time 10 minutes
- Total Time 35 minutes
- Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped (3 cups)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (6 to 8 ounces each)
- 4 ounces feta, crumbled (1/2 cup)
- Fresh dill, for serving
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In a large skillet heat oil over high. Add onion and garlic and saute until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and cook until tomatoes break down, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Season chicken with salt and add to skillet. Transfer to oven. Bake until chicken is cooked through, about 17 minutes. Heat broiler. Sprinkle feta over chicken and broil until feta is softened and browned in spots, 2 minutes. Sprinkle with dill for serving.
Turn the oven on the minute you get home otherwise it will never heat in time. Yes. I am not counting oven preheating time in total time. I admit it.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.