Susan's Tomato Sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 diced yellow onions
- 3 minced cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped basil
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium-high. Add onions, garlic, parsley, and basil. Cook until onions are translucent, about 10 minutes. Add tomatoes and puree, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.