Curried Shrimp and Cauliflower
- Prep Time 12 minutes
- Total Time 25 minutes
- Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 4 cups cauliflower florets (from
- 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Coarse salt
- White rice, for serving
- Heat oil in a large skillet heat oil over medium high. Add onion, garlic, and ginger and saute until onion is translucent, about 3 minutes. Add curry powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt and saute for 30 seconds. Stir in cauliflower and stock, and bring to a boil. Cover and cook until cauliflower is just tender, about 5 minutes. Add shrimp, cover, and cook until shrimp are opaque throughout, 2 to 3 minutes, taste and adjust for seasoning.
© 2013 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.