Broiled Salmon and Asparagus
Photography: Bryan Gardner
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Total Time 25 minutes
- Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, plus 1 lemon cut into wedges
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 4 skinless salmon fillets (4 to 6 ounces each)
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 1 cup couscous
- Heat broiler with rack 6 inches from heat. Whisk together soy sauce, lemon juice, and sesame oil.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, arrange asparagus and lemon wedges and brush with sauce. Broil 3 minutes. Add salmon to pan, brush with sauce, and season with salt and pepper. Broil until asparagus is tender and salmon is opaque throughout, about 6 minutes, rotating pan, brushing salmon and asparagus with sauce, and flipping asparagus halfway through.
- Meanwhile, bring 1 1/4 cups water to boil. Stir in couscous and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cover and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork. Serve salmon and asparagus with couscous, drizzled with remaining sauce.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.