Martha Stewart's Cooking School
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (grated on medium holes of a box grater)
- 1/2 cup best-quality extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- Cover garlic in a small saucepan with water by 1 inch. Bring to a boil over high heat, then immediately drain and let garlic cool to room temperature.
- In a blender or food processor, pulse basil, garlic, pine nuts, and the cheese to incorporate. Pour in the oil in a slow steady stream, and pulse until combined; season with salt. Serve immediately or cover with a layer of oil and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze in small amounts for easy use.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.