- Prep Time 40 minutes
- Total Time 40 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 large shallot, minced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine, such as pinot grigio
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan (1/4 ounce)
- In a 10-inch heavy-bottomed skillet or pot, heat 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high. Add shallot, season with salt and pepper, and cook until beginning to soften, about 4 minutes. Add rice and cook, stirring, until rice is translucent at edges, 1 minute.
- Add wine and stir until evaporated, about 2 minutes. Add 4 cups broth and bring to a boil over medium-high. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 15 minutes. Uncover and stir in remaining 1/4 cup broth until rice is tender and creamy, 5 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in 2 tablespoons butter and Parmesan. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.