Photography: Johnny Miller
Everyday Food, March 2013
- 2 slices rustic bread
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 thinly sliced small red onion
- 3/4 cup chopped sour pickle
- 1/4 cup torn fresh basil leaves
- 1 can (16 ounces) rinsed butter beans
- 1 can drained oil-packed tuna
- 1/4 cup pickle brine
- Salt and pepper
- Tear bread into 1-inch pieces. On a rimmed baking sheet, drizzle bread with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Toast at 400 degrees until golden, about 10 minutes. Combine bread, onion, pickle, basil, beans, and tuna. Toss with pickle brine and 1/4 cup olive oil; season.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.