Deep-Dish Spinach and Leek Pizza
Photography: Johnny Miller
Everyday Food, March 2013
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for pie plate
- 12 ounces pizza dough, thawed if frozen
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced, well washed leeks (white and light-green parts only)
- 1 1/2 cups packed baby spinach
- Red-pepper flakes
- Coarse salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- 2 ounces fresh goat cheese
- Fresh basil leaves, for serving
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Coat a 9-inch glass pie plate with olive oil. Stretch dough to an 8-inch round, then press into bottom and up sides of plate. If dough springs back, let rest 5 minutes before continuing.
- Combine leeks, spinach, and a pinch each of red-pepper flakes and salt.
- Spread dough with pesto, top with leek mixture, and dot with goat cheese.
- Drizzle pizza with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake until cooked through and crust is crisp and golden, 15 to 20 minutes. Sprinkle with basil. Let cool 5 minutes before serving.
© 2014 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. All rights reserved.